During English class, your child has been taking part in the following:
- learning the names of the 12 months of the year through a fun and interactive song.
- learning the names of the 7 days of the week, also through a fun song.
- learning the names of articles of clothing through the song "Look who's here".
- we practiced writing our names in English * Please help your child practice writing their name in English using the correct format (capital letter at the beginning and lower case letters for the rest).
- reading a Eid-ul-Adha poem with number words.
- listening to a selection of Robert Munsch stories, and predicting the outcomes of different scenarios throughout the story.
-listening to a real life story of a man that walked for year to perform Hajj, the children were very interested in this story masha'Allah!
Insha'Allah in the upcoming weeks we will be learning the following:
- the sounds and actions of the following letters: s, a, t, i, p, n.
- words that begin with these sounds.
- the number words: one, two, and three.
- copying a sentence into our journals.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan,