Here are some updates from our classroom.
Language Arts:In phonics, we learned how to sound out the consonant digraph, "th"
Action: pretend to be naughty clowns and stick out tongue a little for th, and further for th.
Alhamdullelah we finished phonic book 6. Next week we will finish all the excercises at the back of this book insha'Allah.
Please check the YouTube below for further practice at home:
We are learning to read the following sentences from ournew book (Farm Babies).
Please help your child read the same sentences at home to reinforce their reading skills.
We are learning now about the different kinds of graphs such as the bar graph, pictograph..etc.
In SK1 we do our daily weather graph.
We made a bar graph about Sk1 favourite fruit.
We finished learning about the 3'Rs. We ended this theme with two beautiful crafts. The kids called it the Earth Man :)
We started a new unit: The Solar System
I introduced this topic by reading the book: The Solar System. Please ask your child what did they learn from this book.
The students wrote in their journals the following sentence:
There are eight planets in the solar system.
Islamic Studies: April Trait: Cleanliness
Allah says in the Holy Quran: "Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean." (Al-Baqarah:222)
Cleanliness is diligence in keeping clean.
What might cleanliness look like or sound like?
· Cleaning up after oneself and throwing waste into the appropriate garbage, recycling bin, or compost
· Ensuring that the washroom is clean at all times.
· Picking up waste from the ground.
· Contributing to the betterment of the household, school, and community.
· Taking part without hesitation in classroom chores and responsibilities.
What does spiritual cleanliness look like?
· Asking for forgiveness (Istighfaar)
· Making repentence (Tawbah)
· Maintaining good feelings and wishing well to others
· Becoming free from jealousy