Alhamdulillah we finished another successful week of school.
This week we worked very hard on perfecting our classroom rules and routines.
|Signing in as soon as we enter is part of our morning routine.|
In the morning when the kids are dropped off, the classroom is set up in a way that will encourage them to socially interact with their peers to further help them develop their social, problem solving, and analytical skills. We normally have some puzzles, writing material, play-dough, building blocks, and unfinished work that the kids can work on and finish. We start our circle time at about 9:15 this is when we say our morning quraan and du'aas. Here are some of the things we have been working on in each subject:
- Learning the names of the 12 months of the year through a fun and interactive song.
- Learning the names of the days of the week through a song.
- Talking about the different weather conditions and talking about what the expected high is each day. (feel free to share this information with your child each day, and they can come to school and share this information with us)
- We are also practiaing answering sentences in full form "What did you do on Eid?", "on Eid, I went to the masjid or Toronto or to Fun Haven etc.".
- We learned the letter Ss, and the correct formation of this letter and where it sits on the line.
- Brainstormed for words that begin with Ss, and stretched them out to see what other sounds we can hear in them (this will come in handy later one when the children try and write on their own!).
- Reading stories daily, and working on predictions, and comprehension.
- Counting the numbers on the calendar.
- Counting objects in the classroom.
- Practising simple patters found on the calendar.
- Talking about cleanliness and how germs spread.
- The importance of washing our hands, and covering our mouths with our arms when we sneeze or cough.
- Talking about our Eid celebrations, and creating beautiful Eid crafts.
- Learning the du'aa for the month of September and this is the du'aa of Porphet Ibraheem (AS).
- Making pretend wudu' in the classroom to learn the steps of wudu'.
- Introduced the class to the power of making du'aa and how Allah swt loves it when we ask him for things.
- Making du'aa for our friends that were absent because of illness.
*Every week students have the chance to participate in some art activities that are left out for them in centres to choose from, and there are other art activities tied to the curriculum that we make sure they all take part in.
- Beading necklaces and bracelets.
- Tracing shapes to make beautiful masterpieces.
- Cutting and pasting furniture pictures from an IKEA catalogue of items they like.
- Learning entering and exiting routines, and safety measures in the case of an emergency.
- Playing the PIZZA game.
Every day the children will be going outside for 35 minutes of active play. Please make sure your child comes to school dressed for the weather.
Looking forward to our first full week of school insha'Allah!